- Apartments and studio space for 5–8 artists at a time, selected from a large, highly-qualified, enthusiastic pool of applicants, and with a range of ages, genders, areas of expertise and favorable group dynamic. Many are showcased on this website.
- Duration of each artist’s residency, 1–3 months
- Collaborative environment among artists and within the community through workshops for creative Calabrian youth and for adults, open studios and exhibits. Other potential visibility: hosted guest dinners, published books about project, web or media documentation of community events
- Subsidization of the artist residents to the extent allowed by sought funding; also possibilities for work exchanges and artists staying a short period for a fee
- Productive use of vacant buildings, which are all too common in the South. Artists bring commerce and positive tourism to an area.